Friday, 30 March 2012

Dazed and Confused Birthday Present and Time Capsule Contribution

I really am terrible at updating my blog these days, I have literally 30 projects on my desktop ready to be uploaded, and yet still they wait, impatiently glaring at me from my desk top wondering why I haven't deemed them worthy of posting. Well I'm sorry, I've been busy okay! Anyway, I finally thought I'd put this guy up, he's a suffocating torso! I made him for Dazed and Confused's anniversary issue celebrate their 25th year of publishing, it appeared along side loads of other contributions from the likes of Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella Versace and Kate Moss. They later auctioned off the entire collection for Oxfam. Here's my blurb that appeared in Dazed-

''Masking tape and me go back a long way, we discovered we could make wonderful things together at college. It was only when we met dazed that our relationship truly blossomed, sadly though I started seeing other materials like polystyrene and masking tape grew more and more distant. But for dazed birthday we decided to work together again and make him a present. What could be more fitting for a time capsule than a suffocating man gasping for air for eternity. I loved the idea of him glowing underground forever with no one to see him.''

No comments:

Post a Comment